Monday, October 8, 2012

Pattern Pyramid!


Exciting news! A lovely package arrived in the mail from G Marie Sews! What could it be? Oh wait, I totally gave it away with the title of this post… and the button… It's the Pattern Pyramid!

look it's a pyramid!
I'm sure you're all aware of the pattern pyramid that Karen of Did You Make That? started back in June. Here's a link to her first post about it in case somehow you missed it. Maybe you were vacationing or something? But really there's no excuse. You should know about it by now. =)

Actually, I didn't even start blogging until this July! So I missed out on the first bit, but I was reading, and started following along. You see this was around the time I was first starting out sewing. And I'd like to think the pattern pyramid and some other events (which I will reveal in a later post) pushed me to start my own blog. So if you actually don't have a blog, now's the perfect time to start one!

so i was super excited to finally win! (and now i've had to restrain myself from entering any of the other pattern pyramids that have gone live recently.) so which pattern did i choose? the Simplicity at the top of the pyramid, which looks to be the one G Marie added to the mix! The full skirt on that dress was calling my name, and i can try my hand at grading it down a bit. She also included some lovely brown and pink printed fabric! Would it be cute to do the top of a dress in a matching pink solid and the skirt part in the printed fabric? Just a thought. Truth be told, I also read through the Burda magazine, which is in german! So i got to practice my german! 

I will be adding a few things to the mix, so it will be a surprise! Leave me a comment if you'd like to enter, and I'll draw a winner next Monday night, Oct. 15th. I've got to be honest - this is the best legal pyramid scheme around.

Thank you for stopping by!


P.S. I finally went back and finished alma #1, wore it on thursday and took pics! Will post soon, promise! And #2 is coming along really well (after i fixed all of my careless mistakes from the other night, ha ha!) Exciting stuff!


49 comments:

  1. Oh you lucky thing! I'd love to have my name added to the hat - I love that skirt on Simplicity 5931!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am so glad you are taking part in the Pattern Pyramid, but more importantly, that you have started blogging. It's such great fun and you'll make some lovely friends, I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just love the idea of the pattern pyramid! And the McCalls looks like it could be the raincoat pattern I've been looking for ... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh wow, a raincoat, that would be a good idea! counted you in the drawing!

      Delete
  4. Congrats!! Looking forward to see your make. Do count me in for the pyramid :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm excited to make that one. I've counted you in!

      Delete
  5. this is very exciting actually. count me in :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another newish blogger here - please count me in for the pyramid giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, I'm checking out your blog too! and you're counted in!

      Delete
  7. Ooooh! Lovely patterns - please can I play?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amber, this looks like such fun. I would love to be added to the mix!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the new blog :)

    Count me in for some pyramid action!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not entering as I have so many patterns but I've made that dress! I blogged it here if you want to have a look: http://kestrelfindsandmakes.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/dress-for-wedding-and-mmm-finishes-with.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your dress! and now i'm even more excited about making it because yours turned out so well! I hadn't even looked at the yardage required, but I'll have to go find some fabric for it!

      Delete
  11. Oh, I love that Simplicity dress - you should definitely make it! Good luck with your new blog (love your banner) and sewing. Here comes my hat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. count me as well, and welcome ( a bit after the fact) to the sewing blog-world.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That Simplicity dress looks lovely! And yay for starting your new blog!
    I'd love to join in on the Pyramid fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, thank you! please join in the fun! your name's in the hat!

      Delete
    2. oh and now i see that the burda should really go to you!! Viel Glück!

      Delete
  14. Yeah! Welcome to the blogosphere! :D Please count me in! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd love to take part. I've got some goodies I could add and would love to get a chance in the pyramid!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh oh, count me it :) I would love to be a part of one of these swaps xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Welcome to the blogasphere, a bit late, but welcome all the same! Count me in the pyramid please!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Please can I throw my metaphorical hat into the ring!?
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's in the ring! Maybe I should do an actual ring toss to decide the winner? I've seen people's pets picking winners, which was really cute.

      Delete
  19. Oh please count me in too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So glad that package arrived. Can't wait to see you PP Dress! g

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for sending this my way! I'm excited to make that dress, but i can't decide what type of fabric to get, hmmmm

      Delete
  21. A great blog. And what an awesome dress. Count me in.

    ReplyDelete
  22. very exciting - i'll be in! congrats on the new blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I welcome any advice, insights, witty remarks, snarky comebacks, commiserations or just a quick hello. I'd love to check out your blog as well, so let me know where you're posting. Happy sewing!